Thursday 22 December 2011

Light Behind the Trees Sketch

This was also painted last summer at Inkesetter Farm in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada. I was doing a painting workshop which was being run by the incredible Laurie Wonfor Nolan. There was a patch of trees with light shinning through and a beautiful wheat field just behind. It was so incredible.  I tried to emphasize the light  by really making the grass nice and bright. This is one of the first paintings where I was fairly successful with using transparent paint. This is a sketch, but I later did a larger piece which sold! It was the first painting that I ever sold to a stranger. It was an amazing moment. This sketch is still for sale if anyone is interested, just email me. :)

6"x12" Acrylic on TerraSkin / $70 (includes free shipping worldwide)

No comments:

Post a Comment