Saturday 5 November 2011

Flowers for a friend

I recently listened to a fascinating interview with David Hockney and Jian Ghomeshi on CBC radio. You can listen to it here

David Hockney talked about his current exhibit at the Royal Ontario Museum where he would paint flowers on his iPhone and send them to his friends via email as gifts.

A friend of mine has been going threw a stressful time so I decided to make her a bouquet of flowers using my Wacom Bamboo Graphics Tablet and GIMP 2.6. It is like a traditional painting but I used different tools to create it.

I painted this from observation and am very impressed with how it turned out. It only took me an hour and a half. If it were not for all my painting lessons this year, I would not have been able to pull this off so well.

I hope to do more pieces like this.

Thanks for reading this and cheers.

2 comments:

  1. Oh - this is the one you guys were talking about. Incredible Victoria! I *love* your shapes (dreamy sigh). And I try to never miss Q. It's great isn't it? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Kim. :D

    Q really is great. Jian Ghomeshi does fantastic interviews.

    ReplyDelete