Thursday 6 July 2017

Red Panda


So I finally made a painting specifically for my amazing husband. I asked him what he wanted me to paint and he wanted a red panda. Because they are so cute and playful, they are his favourite animal. After painting this little guy, they are now one of my favourite animals too.

The royalty free refrence photo that was used for the piece is from: https://pmp-art.com/

The reference photo was taken by Paul Sherman.

This was created with Faber-Castell Polychromos coloured pencils, and Prismacolor Primer coloured pencils on Langton Prestige Cold Press, 140lb, watercolour paper by Daler-Rowney. Gamsol Odourless Mineral Spirits was used to blend the coloured pencils.

I had never used cold pressed watercolour paper with coloured pencils before, or odorless mineral spirits. I must say that they are my new favourite mediums when it comes to working with coloured pencils.

Thanks for reading and cheers,


No comments:

Post a Comment