Thursday 16 January 2014

Stapler Seven Forty Seven



One day I was feeling very blah and had my head down at the computer desk. When I looked up, I saw my Swingline stapler. I had looked at it many times before, but I had never REALLY looked at it. I had never noticed the numbers on it's front, nor how cool it looked. So I had to draw it. I am pleased with the final product. :)

This is also the first piece created with graphite on canvas using the techniques taught to me by my drawing teacher Sanela Dizdar. I feel this piece is a great improvement from my other graphite on canvas pieces. :)

If you are interested in owning this piece, it is thirty dollars at the Waterloo Community Arts Centre (the Button Factory) in Waterloo Ontario. This pieces was donated to them and all of the proceeds from the sale of this piece go towards art programs at the Button Factory. Although part of me wishes that they would sell the artwork for a bit more. But oh well.

5" x 7"; pencil, on gallery wrapped canvas; about 8 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment