Tuesday 28 February 2012

Undiscerning

Today my husband and I were walking down our outside cement stairway. He stopped to observe the stairs and then asked me if I had ever truly looked at them before. In all honesty, I had not. I did not realise that they were hollow. Or how they had a beauty of their own if you looked closely enough. I had never noted how the stairs were not sitting squarely against the cement base or how the sunlight was shinning though the gaps of the other side.

The first image is where the stairway buts up against the wall. The sun is shinning through the cracks were the stairway and wall don't meet. The second image is the same, except with the focus on the outside of the stairway gap. You can still see the light peeking through. 

I am no photographer, but I felt this was an important lesson in observation that I wanted to share. I was taking my own stairway for granted because I had never truly looked at it before. I am also proud of my ability to get the camera to do such a close up shot.

These photos were taken with an Olympus 6.0 mega pixel camera, FE-120. 

Thanks for reading this and cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment